Blogger Widgets
Menu
 

Shikhar Dhawan is enjoying the pitches on offer at the Cricket World Cup after his century helped India to a convincing win over Ireland.
The pitches at the Cricket World Cup are playing into Shikhar Dhawan's hands, the India batsman claimed after making a century in Tuesday's eight-wicket win over Ireland.
India made it five wins from five in defence of their title, with Dhawan's 100 the highlight of their 260-2, chasing Ireland's modest 259 all out.
And the left-hander, whose 85-ball knock included 11 fours and five sixes, marked himself a 10 out of 10.
"I've spent lots of time to figure out my game," he said. "I'm used to the bounce and pace and I'm enjoying my game here. Everyone has spent a lot of time here, the communication of the team has gone up.
"With the time boys have learned, got experience. It's lovely when we're on the field, seeing the bowlers bowling so quick and in the right areas.
"I always mark myself 10 out of 10 [when asked to rate his innings]. I'd say I played more creatively, I enjoyed that creativity, playing my shots."
India's place in the quarter-finals is assured, but they have one more Pool B game to come against Zimbabwe.
It will go down to the wire for Ireland, who sit fourth in the group and face Pakistan in the final game.
Captain William Porterfield said: "It's all about being mentally fresh for that game in Adelaide, it's a winner-takes-all for us."

Post a Comment

 
Top